Rent dodging scallywags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

‘The billionaires have won’: English pubs forced to close after owners demand full rent for lockdown​

Publicans face bankruptcy and homelessness after losing their fight with Tory donors against Covid rent back-payments

Exactly as it should be, rent dodgers should be turfed out.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he was silly not to have made it a Ltd Co.
It's just not right when the lawyers take so much of a case like that, it's a matter of law, usually quite clear cut if it's analysed objectively.

I was lucky to have only one overly whining tenant in Lockdown. Like a lot of landlords I helped a bit, but some people want everything free. I have now sold (almost) everything, quite a relief not having the hassle.

Can't read it but get the gist.

These greedy landlords / brewery's will kill pubs.

Most of us have to take the knock on of vivid on the chin. Some don't think they do.

‘The billionaires have won’: English pubs forced to close after owners demand full rent for lockdown​

Publicans face bankruptcy and homelessness after losing their fight with Tory donors against Covid rent back-payments

Exactly as it should be, rent dodgers should be turfed out.

Am I right in thinking your a landlord?

Sponsored Links
No, no pubs - wouldn't make any difference though. It's a commercial thing, not altruism.

The government shut everything down for no reason and now the pubs are going to suffer.

The government should pay. They threw enough money at empty shops for rates and bounce back loans for 50k

The government shut everything down for no reason and now the pubs are going to suffer.

The government should pay. They threw enough money at empty shops for rates and bounce back loans for 50k

And many deliberately went bust

And many deliberately went bust
Who went bust?

All I’m saying is the government should have paid all the pubs rent while the uk was in lockdown. Is that unfair ?

The fallout from the lockdown continues to this day.

Who went bust?

All I’m saying is the government should have paid all the pubs rent while the uk was in lockdown. Is that unfair ?

The fallout from the lockdown continues to this day.

I know of company's and individuals thst applied for bounce back loans then went bust. Some then started up again.

I'm jot disagreeing with you but backing up your argument

Last edited:
I.okiw of company's and individual s thst applied for bounce back loans then went bust. Some then started up again.

I'm jot disagreeing with you but backing up your argument
Sorry I thought you meant pubs mate.

Yeah half the low brow builders and roofers did It. I’ve never seen so many new vans in a small town.

And poor landlords are getting squeezed so they shut!

Sorry I thought you meant pubs mate.

Yeah half the low brow builders and roofers did It. I’ve never seen so many new vans in a small town.

And poor landlords are getting squeezed so they shut!

I took out £20000 bounce back loan while I was having 6 months cancer treatment (4 weeks in hospital)

2years later 5 weeks in hospital (Jaundice & Pneumonia) and 5 months recovering with little or no income week to week month to month.
It never entered my head to go bust and not pay back my loan.

These people I hope are caught and punished.

Last edited:
I took out £20000 bounce back loan while I was having 6 months cancer treatment (4 weeks in hospital)

2years later 5 weeks in hospital (Jaundice & Pneumonia) and 5 months recovering with little or no income week to week month to month.

How are you doing now? Can you have a beer yet.

I know of people who took the loan simply because they had a business account.

A lad who was tiling my bathroom said the council chased him to pay him £10k for a little storage unit he has. And then he got some more too!

Pubs have been shafted all along.

How are you doing now? Can you have a beer yet.

I know of people who took the loan simply because they had a business account.

A lad who was tiling my bathroom said the council chased him to pay him £10k for a little storage unit he has. And then he got some more too!

Pubs have been shafted all along.

I've always tried to play ( b0llckes term) the white man. Am I mugging myself off. The torys (generally) are on the fiddle as well as big business.

I underestimate my recovery I'm fitter and healthier now than I was when I was 30. Yet I will soon start on my cancer treatment again I believe.

I won't be voting tory next election but don't see much else to vote for.

Most are a bunch of tossers.

Yes allowed to drink and had 1 to many in my garden today.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No chance as that would require a well funded HMRC - they don't have the resources after so many cuts.

The Tory peers made hundreds of millions from dodgy PPE contracts. If the Government goes after the BBL Fraudsters then they will be asked why not the Tory peers?

To catch criminals you need to have well funded services - you vote Tory take your medicine.

Sponsored Links
Back