Reoccurring slow flow / airlock to cold tap

Ha thanks yeah, though my weekend is fully booked already so it may take a bit of time to get around to sorting it. I have about 3 weeks before the water flow gets slow again.

Im in 2 minds about also fitting a drain cock while im at it so i can "bleed" the system without detaching the shower pump. Though it is fixing the symptom rather than the cause....

Sponsored Links
Was thinking about suggesting that- v easy, pushfit T, bit of tube, washing machine outlet & job jobbed- but better to fix the problem :)

Its been 4-6 weeks since I did some work on this and the problem appears to have ceased.
Solution apears to be:

1. replace old leaky gate valve with a pegler 22m ball valve
2. fit a new cistern valve since the upstairs toilet as it was taking a huge amount of time to refill. not sure if it was related to the original problem....!

I didn't get around to re-piping the shower directly from the tank mainly because it was too hot in the loft (too hot everywhere) to entertain the idea!

Thanks for those who offered advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back