Repainting fence panels.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Need some advice on reprinting my fence. I painted my fence 2-3 years ago and I think I used cedar red. My wife has asked if we/I could repaint it as most of the panels have faded. Here's the thing I need help with. She wants me to paint it a different colour, a dark oak made by ronseal. Her farther has a sprayer so I got some paint to try it out. Thinking that I may have problems I tried some of the paint on a bit of a panel with a brush and you can see the red coming through the paint. What would my best options be to not see the red through the dark oak. Would I need to give it 2/3 coats of paint? Don't mind giving it more coats but the paint for the sprayer costs so much more than brush paint. If my only option is more coats I'll buy the normal paint and brush it.

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back