Painting Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're looking to paint the fence - started using a large 4" brush for the main panels and then a 1.5" brush to get in between the panels and paint the panels on our neighbours side (but just the side of those panels that face us). We've done about 2m worth and it took 2 hours, that was just for one coat it needs a second so its going to take us ages.

Fence is 1.8m high all the way round, its 36m in total, with 6m at either side (neighbours on both sides) and about 24m at the very back of the garden (dead area behind that).

Was thinking of using a paint sprayer to do the 24m where there is nothing at the back of it, is this worthwhile, how much will it cost for a sprayer and how much paint will this use, and any precautions other than the obvious (don't do it when the neighbours washing is out / do it on a calm day)?

Sponsored Links
the product you have bought looks like it is a brushing, not a spraying grade.

you can sometimes get own-brand spraying stains cheaper at Wickes, Wikinsons, Homebase etc.

Sponsored Links
the product you have bought looks like it is a brushing, not a spraying grade.

you can sometimes get own-brand spraying stains cheaper at Wickes, Wikinsons, Homebase etc.

Ah ok. So we couldn't use that with any pump sprayer because it isn't designed to be compatible with a sprayer?

What about this:-

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/...ercare-Golden-Chestnut-5L-11517561?icamp=recs

Could we buy that AND the Ronseal Pump Sprayer, and the two would be compatible with each other?

Or would we need the B&Q Pump Sprayer to go with the B&Q spray paint

I suspect different makes would work together, but if they don't, you have no complaint

Agreed.

Sorry for sealant I meant the paint and called it a sealant, as it does the same in my book. (Probably wrong though :D)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back