Repainting of front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My front door has been stripped and thinking of staining it using Sikkens products. Someone up the road has done his and has been lookin good for the past two years. Any advice on this project? One supplier stated that base coat is not needed as the wood is old.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes it was done in a chemical tub last week. I was going to paint it in controlled conditions.... in a heated garage.

Sponsored Links
Yes it was done in a chemical tub last week. I was going to paint it in controlled conditions.... in a heated garage.

Has the door been neutralized after stripping. If it hasn't it can ruin your paint system.

Sikkens have a great range of stains but my preference would be Dulux Weathersheild stain. I would also apply a base coat since all previous systems have been stripped.

Cheers mate, yes it was neutralised. I'll consider the Dulux range, just heard lots of good reviews about the sikkens stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back