Repair floor after pipes burried

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about 2 have radiator pipes buried in concrete floor. I have dug the channel & the plumber is going to wrap the pipes.
I was thinking of mixing sand & cement & laying to within 2/3mm of the top.
The rest of the room has bitumen on the concrete, what should I be using to finish the concrete?
I am having an engineered wood floor laid, in a few months when its all dried out.

Sponsored Links
The bitumen might well be the dpc, I'd ask your local builders merchants for an equivalent product to paint the last few mm with. You can also get bituminous double sided tapes, if your pipe cuts are nice and narrow and the surface is dust free that stuff might bond well to the floor and bitumen on each side of the cut and will be flexible enough to to roller flat. You're going to bE putting an underlay under the floor anyway which should take out any minor limps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back