Kitchen Floor replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending to replace the 'vinolay' floor covering with B & Q click-fit plastic system. The 'vinolay' is laid over the original vinyl floor tiles from 1965, which are stuck to concrete floor with bitumen adhesive. They seem sound, and I believe are difficult to remove. However, in one location next to a wall 9 vinyl tiles were loose and damaged, due to a heating pipe leak in concrete floor, which has been sorted. As these 9 inch square tiles are no longer available, I was thinking of using 3mm thick sheet vinyl flooring, cut to size and with suitable adhesive to the concrete, to bring all to same level, then lay the new floor. I have not laid such a floor previously, and any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
You could use any vinyl tiles to fill the gaps - they will not be seen. But why bother, why not use a little SLC to pull the surface level.

A primer then a SLC will come next.
Do you mean the B&Q Vinyl Click Flooring or A Quick Step product?
How will the flooring be laid - loose lay etc?

FWIW: I dont think any Mfr will recommend going over stuck down tiles.

Vinn, thankyou for reply. I was thinking of using B & Q, loose lay not stuck down. I reckon the old tiles are very difficult to lift. I have not attempted flooring before, but it does not appear that difficult. Also this product is in small pieces, so cheap to use new piece if make error!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back