Repair melamine breakout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been cutting some white melamine sprayed mdf, followed the rules, masking tape, score n cut, blade depth etc... but still get some very minor chipout on the cut edges, what's best way to disguise?? Am gonna try dabbing some satinwood on unless anyone has any better ideas?

Sponsored Links
hi, what tool is it you cutting with? it might be that or the blade?

tom

Cordless circ and finishing off with a guided trimmer, I've since noticed that the blade has a chipped tooth, and I'd already cut very close to the line with the saw. The trimmer takes off the worst of it but a little has spilled over onto the workpiece and I can't take any more off. Remedy required without buying more material.
It's not actually that bad but would like to disguise it the best I can. I am quite fussy :oops:

ah, at work we use white wax, acctual touch up wax, not candlewax lol, once joined, if its breaking out could you try another method? eg cutting all with a straight bit, or all with circy saw?

tom

Sponsored Links
Depends what you are doing with it, for making furniture etc you can run a thin bead of dec caulk thru all the joints hides all the damage.Or just to get a clean edge a belt sander along the edge with take it down to as mooth edge fairly quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back