Best tool/way to cut painted MDF kitchen end panels without chipping

What do you mean? If I raised the shelf I would have had a gap below

upload_2022-4-29_14-39-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You should never end up with a cut panel in a position such as this - the only place you can hide/protect a cut edge is at the very top of the unit where it can be hidden beneath a cornice moulding. A cut rawe MDF panel like that above an oven or microwave door will get grubby quite quickly and will swell up in a few years. Oven units are often installed above worktop height, but I see yours is in a non-standard position, at the top drawer height, which explains the lack of a suitable off the shelf infill panel. That means that @opps solution of making up your own panel and getting a can of matched auto spray (about £14 to 16 round here) is the only way you'll get what you need, however, I'd still be concerned about that panel directly above the microwave suffering from heat and damp over time unless some form of heat protector were fitted - or that panel were replaced with a (bespoke) stainless steel infill panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back