Cutting Gloss White Cupboard End Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to cut a small amount out of 5 cupboard end panels to allow fitment around tiling.

Is it possible to do it with a fine tooth hand saw without too much chipping? (there'll be a small amount of sealant used afterwards to seal to the tiles).

I've a circular saw with fine tooth blade that I've used for cutting the panels to size but I think it will be hard work to cut out that small amount due to the way the cut is made with a circular saw.

My jigsaw is useless so I don't fancy using that as it never does anything neatly.

I've a router but don't use it much and think setting up would a lot of faff to cut such a small piece, and the chances of me ruining the panel are high.

Any other suggestions and could anyone recommend a suitable handsaw if that's viable?

IMG_20230120_140738.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes had two thumb nails on my left hand after a slip with one.
:unsure: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

One of our local colleges recommended these as part of a starter kit for their apprentices a few years back (in error, I was told). They had to take three of them taken to A&E in as many weeks.

I have tried a couple of the larger models in the past - good saws, razor sharp, but you do need to pay attention to what you are doing with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Multitool with oscillating blade?
They do have a tendency to not cut that straight, especially with some of the cheaper blades I've tried (I have to admit that the newer Starlock blades I've used are much, much better, but come with quite a price tag). You will get a straighter cut if you use a piece of planed 3 x 2 (70 x 44mm) softwood as a sort of guide fence. I also find them a lot slower than using a jigsaw

Got a Stanley jet saw today as recommended and on the quick test one I did it did a suitable job with no chipping.

Thanks to all who replied.

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back