A kitchen worktop end panel joint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to have my kitchen worktop as a base unit end panel too (it's actually a breakfast bar). But I don't want to see the edge of the breakfast bar with the worktop beneath it, I presume I have to use a circular saw set to 45 degrees in order to acheive this 'no edge' look. I'd rather buy a router bit as the edge finish will be much crisper (even if I cut the worktop upside down with the circular saw). Am I trying to acheive the impossible? is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
Basically, you want a miracle, and you'll need to be damned good to achieve this. You'd need a router with a 45 degree cutter, and work from the back to get a good clean joint, but as they won't be big enough for the whole joint, you'd then need to clean the rest up by hand.

Have a look at this youtube video, and you'll see what's needed to get a good joint.

Gotta love the bloke's equipment, but jeez, all that effort for something blinkin useless!! yeah, I think the best way would be to make a 45 degree fence for my router n make many passes..............think I'll give the idea up!

This is a better guy to watch...

And better equipment.

Sponsored Links
I think I may have just experienced a twinge of jealousy looking at the equipment in his workshop.

Now you're going to tell me that's his basement.

Somebody smack that bloke round the back of the head with a lump of 4x2....................don't he know large lumps of timber are gonna warp or split in time, that's why God invented veneered chipboard!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back