Waterfall mitre edge on a kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone done a waterfall mitre edge on kitchen worktop laminate. Where the worktop turns 90 degree and then go's down to the floor as an end support. My worktop is square edge so I could just sit one onto of another butt joint but thinking of mitring the edge instead. I have a hand held circular saw and a saw bench the top to floor section I could do on my saw bench but the other piece the actual worktop is 2.7M long so will have to do it with my hand circular saw.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to cut mitre accurately , butt join .
Yeah this is my thoughts if they were bot short pieces then I would be a little more confident with the table saw. The other issue is that the 2 45degree ends will always be wanting to slip off each other so I would have to permanently join but I need to be able to remove it for maintenance. It will form the end of a run I have kitchen units and then a fridge and a freezer both under counter so them is the waterfall edge.

I came up with an idea to cut the 45 in the top but then only cut a very short 45 for it to just return on its depth I then can permanently fix that and will end up with a square end to the butt join, its a med grey concrete affect so might get away with it.
I have two sides to fit and after one side i will have some spare to play and experiment with but as the worktop is square edge I might get away with not mitring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back