Cutting under high gloss kitchen panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut under a high gloss panel in a fitted kitchen inorder to slide some laminate flooring under it. Would an oscillating tool be up for the job? Any tips on blades to use I'm worried it will chip. Is a hand saw better ? The panels are exposed on both sides so there's no bottom, both sides need to be blemish free if possible.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
The unit will not rest on top of the laminate. There will be plenty of room for expansion too. It will look better than putting a bead around the wood

I need to cut under a high gloss panel in a fitted kitchen inorder to slide some laminate flooring under it

The problem is the bottom of the panel is probably edged against moisture, and if you cut it you will leave a raw edge that will swell when the kitchen floor inevitably gets mopped. Ideally take the panel off and trim the top edge. If not possible, I would be inclined to tight-fit the laminate against the panel and run a small bead of silicon around, rather than leave an exposed edge. In my own experience although you are supposed to have an expansion gap, small sections of tight fit don't tend to give problems if there are gaps elsewhere around the edge of the laminate.

Sponsored Links
I fitted to island with 3-4mm gap and sealed gap , little extra on the expansion gap on far end of laminate to allow expansion away from units .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back