b n q high gloss bridging unit ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought 2 of these along with a kitchen from b n q. I had to cut a standard high gloss wall end panel into 2 to use for the sides of the bridging unit as they do not sell high gloss end panels to fit the bridging units. Because of this I had to bracket the panel's on one side as when you cut the panel it never had holes on one side of the panel as this was originally the middle of the wall panel. Now I have put one up and realised that you can see the bottom of the unit and it looks abit silly as it is not high gloss, the unit is 1000mm wide so I cannot use any end panels and cut down, anyone else had this issue and got round it ?

Sponsored Links
What colour end panels are they then, if you go on their web site and type in
this code you come to a white unit with what look's like white end panels.

What colour end panels are they then, if you go on their web site and type in
this code you come to a white unit with what look's like white end panels.

The end panels on them when you buy are white. I want to change them to high gloss which they do not sell. I got around this by cutting a standard 1000mm wall high gloss end panel into two. But now I want the underneath of the bridging unit to be high gloss as it looks abit odd as you can see the underneath of the unit when hung and it is plain white.

How about some high gloss edging strip,or are you meaning you can see the complete bottom of the unit.

Sponsored Links
How about some high gloss edging strip,or are you meaning you can see the complete bottom of the unit.

Yes I mean you can see the complete bottom of the unit looks abit silly being plain white not high gloss.

I'm with you now,I'm surprised they don't do the unit in high gloss although they probably surmise that an extractor unit would be used to hide the non gloss away.

I'm with you now,I'm surprised they don't do the unit in high gloss although they probably surmise that an extractor unit would be used to hide the non gloss away.

True but I am seeing these more and more now and not used for bridging;. Ikea mainly.

Just had a look on their site again and they do high gloss clad on panels for a tall standard dresser could you cut one of these back.

Just had a look on their site again and they do high gloss clad on panels for a tall standard dresser could you cut one of these back.

Thats a options does not really seem value for money buying the bridging unit for around £50 then not using side or bottom so paying £50 for top of unit.

Thats a options does not really seem value for money buying the bridging unit for around £50 then not using side or bottom so paying £50 for top of unit.

Hmm,I don't know then,I know to get the gloss finish that a different press plate is used,if you were try and paint the normal one with gloss it won't come up looking anything like the gloss finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back