Kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a b&q kitchen, when the chap came out to measure he said we'd have a small gap to fill requiring a filler panel, however, when I've put the units together I've got an 8' gap!! Can I cut a high gloss door to fit this gap and what about the end I cut through?? Will it expose the pressed wood of the door?? Help would be very much appreciated cos I'm up to my neck here!! thanks.

Sponsored Links
8' thats 8 FEET

I assume you mean 8" inches, this is a bit excessive, I would tend to squeeze in a 150mm unit and a filler or increase the width of one of the carcases by 100mm and then 50mm filler each end if a straight run.

If its a corner have you set the corner unit the right distance from the wall, there is likely to be a 130mm gap at the end for a 1000 corner unit, which would mean just 70mm to fill at the other end.

Yes you can cut down a door, the filler panels are made of the same stuff, just seal the cut end that goes against the wall. Or make it into a tray, wine, etc storage space.

Jason

Thanks for the advice. When I searched through all the bits I had delivered I found two corner posts so when they were fit it left a gap of two inch ( just for the record you were right, I did mean 8" not 8'.....doh!) I have cut an end panel down and it fits a treat.

Thanks again. The first and last kitchen I'll ever be fitting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back