help: fridge freezer cabinet from ikea has 3 doors

S

snadge

were busy fitting our new kitchen, weve gotten to the fridge freezer which is obviously a freezer on bottom and fridge on top...thing is the unit its kept in comes with 3 doors including a small one at the top - this is also on the plan and for it too work would mean TWO of them would be fixed together...

we have a picture of the plan printed out, she designed it online Ikea's kitchen planner , it shows a unit with 3 doors - i dont know if the mistake is hers or what, i mentioned could she have made the mistake online designing it? and she said something along the lines of when you choose it it gives you options of what to put in it (or something like that).... i personally think the fault is hers...

am i right?
has anyone else fitted these Ikea kitchens?

we noticed that on the design we had to put a 'blank' / 'filler' in between the cooker and unit because there was gap and it didnt come with the kitchen even though we added it during design from the choices of fittings that you 'buy' on the website - is this right? if so what do you do with the gap? can u buy fillers or matching bits of wood? are we gunna have to buy a whole unit just to get some wood to cut out~>?

Sponsored Links
I'm just about to fit an Ikea kitchen with same issue as yourself. No, she's not wrong - there are three doors but, as you say, the top two are fixed together. (There should be brackets available) This means that when you open the fridge door, the cabinet door on top is also opened. This shouldn't really be an issue though. I think Ikea also sell a smaller F/F where this arrangement does not come up.

I should say that the designer/seller in the Glasgow store was very good. She knew the products well and suggested some intelligent ideas for the layout. She also advised me what the F/F door arrangement would be.

The vast majority of fitted kitchens will require some fillers here and there. As the size and finish is an unknown quantity, they cannot be supplied as standard parts. You can either cut them from cover panels (bought separately) that are the same finish as your cabinet doors, or for a cheaper version, cut from a spare plinth.

How big is the gap?
Cheers.

THANKS - the gap is about 100mm or so - we might have a spare bit, like you say use the plinth which would do us as it would be same as units...as long as its tidy... its right at the cooker in middle of run

i still think that she made a mistake as she just said she probably did now because they sell 125cm doors and the two here are 90 and 35... so she should have chosen that one on the design to go with bottom one instead of the three.....so were just gunna buy the door unless they let us swap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back