Filling gap between kitchen cabinets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon folks,

Currently looking at refitting my kitchen (2600mm wide x 5000mm length).

The oven is to be a straight swap (in middle of the 2600mm wall) but the corner units I'm looking to get are 900mm each. Add in the normal 600mm integrated oven cabinet, I'm looking at a 100mm gap at each side of the oven.

I have pondered if it would be simple (I will be getting a joiner to fit the kitchen) for a joiner to 'improvise' a filler for these gaps if I was to supply a suitable length of wood (matching the cabinet doors).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Infills are easy enough to do you could get an extra base end panel, which the joiner could use. Have you got a plan for the kitchen though? As corner units do not usually go fully to the wall to allow them to line up correctly with the return units.

Hi.

By return cabinets, am I right in thinking you mean the ones running at right angles to them?

In this case, the corner unit are actually L shaped (900mm both ways) so the adjoining cabinet just follows on rather than having to match up with the corner units' door.

Hope this makes sense!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back