Gaps in run of base cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this webpage and after some advice. I'm fitting the kitchen units myself and noticed the wickes designer isnt the most helpful. I have a 25mm gap and a 35mm gap either side of the middle cabinet on the plan. Can I not lose this at the ends as both are corners.... with a bigger corner post or filler? I've attached picture to help with problem. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 20231206_132348.jpg
    20231206_132348.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Sure, it's the bottom wall where the issue is. Probably easily solved for someone who knows what there doing lol

Attachments

• 20231206_210208.jpg
    20231206_210208.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm new to this webpage and after some advice. I'm fitting the kitchen units myself and noticed the wickes designer isnt the most helpful. I have a 25mm gap and a 35mm gap either side of the middle cabinet on the plan. Can I not lose this at the ends as both are corners.... with a bigger corner post or filler? I've attached picture to help with problem. Any help would be great.
That’s not a gap, they must be allowing for a packer fillet or something

quite often they use end panels to create a dummy face frame look - recently did a Howdens with those

Thanks foxhole, I thought would be best idea. Just seems odd having different size gaps either side. The corners are magic mesh but have blanking panels but I guess I use a dec base panel to fill the extra gap to corner post?

Free shop designers just want to fit as many units as possible into kitchen design , they have little interest in what it will look like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back