Repair/Paint/Protect Metal Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am in the process of boarding out my garage, dropping some electrics in and doing all the man cave stuff! and now I need to look at the roof. As you can see from the image it is pretty rusty. I am just not sure what is the best way to "fix" it.

the roof is perfect on the inside, with no rust. it is also pretty solid so I do not really want to replace it. It does, however, get very wet inside when it rains and when the sun is out it gets very very hot.

Ideally, I would like a miracle solution that will protect the exterior whilst reflecting some of the sunlight and stop the condensation/wetness inside when it rains.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Garage Roof.jpg

Many Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will take a look at that product.

Do you know if it is any good at stopping the heating up effect of the metal?

All other suggestions are still welcome if anyone has any.

Thanks, I will take a look at that product.

Do you know if it is any good at stopping the heating up effect of the metal?

All other suggestions are still welcome if anyone has any.
I doubt it will make a massive difference. Being black, it might make it worse.

I suggest that you email them and ask if you can use a solar reflective paint over it. It may well be the case that they make one themselves.

Given the cost of the paints, I do not want to give you incorrect advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, for the response.

I have emailed the company and I am awaiting a response. I will post their response when I have it.

I was thinking the same thing with it being Black, but I am hoping that with the paint covering then the metal might not heat up as much, Hoping that the paint will take and hold some of the energy.

What I really want is the roof covered with Solar Panels, that would solve the problem and make a little money at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back