Repair / Replace wooden boards to hide plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a year ago I had a water softener installed. It has been really good.
Soon I will be moving and I will be taking it with me. A plumber will disconnect and reconnect it for me.

The problem I have is the scene of devastation that will become apparent once the softener is removed.It is installed in a closet at the front of the house.

The main inlet to the house is in the closet and the previous plumber in his haste to connect the softener set to work on the wooden boards which covered the plumbing. He pretty much ripped the boards in half and I now have a pile of rough edges and gaping gaps (more evident when the softener is removed).

The work was done with approval of the landlord and by the landlords plumber but I want to fix it up as it all happened on my watch ( i could have stopped the plumber or tried removing the boards myself ).

I am going to try and do something to cover it up but wanted to know if I posted pictures would people be willing to make some suggestions as to how I can best proceed. Basically I want to make good on the damage caused.

If this is not the right place sorry.

Good forum though :)

Sponsored Links
Yes you can post some pictures , you may very well end up with better suggestions.
From what you describe it sounds to me that the best course of action is to screw a piece of mdf or ply over the hole and wallop it over with emulsion.

Depending on the area to be repaired could you not simply remove the damaged boards back to the nearest joist and lay some new ones?
Yes, pics would be ideal.
If you are unsure how to post them there is a 'sticky' explaining how to do it.

Sponsored Links
If it's in a cupboard then get a sheet of ply cut to size and lay over the floor, job done!

I'll get my coat. ;)

Andy

Mind the damaged floor boards as you go. :LOL:
Good idea though HD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back