Repairing big rust holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a 13 year old golf that is starting to rust all over. I've been patching areas with a rust stop, anti rust primer and paint but they keep growing.

However most worrying of all yesterday I noticed the back reg plate is falling off as one there is a huge rust hold under it.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
sadly you need to start saving up for a newer car. Once it goes rusty it is beyond economic repair. There will be more rust that you can't see, probably in the floor, wings and wheel arches so it is structurally weakened.

Later cars are made of zinc-plated steel which is wonderful and as long as you touch up the paint on any damage, it is very resistant to rust. I think Porsche and Audi started using it about 20 years ago; my oldest was "G" reg Nissan that was zinc-plated. I think all cars have it now. I would never buy another that was not zintec.

Sponsored Links
13 year old ........scrap it :LOL: the market is flooded with cars under £500...........you should get a years ticket and tax for £300 on something or other.....don`t be fussy about brand ;) , the way it is now

Back