Repairing chase in breeze block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently doing shower and discovered the previous guys have taken out a fair amount of breeze block to chase in the pipes.
I suspect I will have to do some more damage fitting the new mixer shower.

My questions is should I be refilling these chase lines with mortar once I have fitted all my pipes?
Also is it ok that a few of the breeze blocks have a small amount of movement. It is a gable end cavity wall so worried me a bit. Thanks

Sponsored Links

Here is a photo of the mess the last people left it in. It was done over 10 years ago and hasnt fallen down yet! But still not sure it's right.
Also I have to put the new one in yet! The wood mounting you see attached to the mixer is actually connected to the outside brick through the cavity as the blocks aren't that thick

If it is as shown in the photo, with the pipes going horizontal across the wall then quite how it hasn't fallen down yet amazes me. Grab whatever you can and run! lol.

However, going by the way the blocks are oriented I believe your picture is rotated 90 degrees and the pipes actually go vertically up/down the wall.
In this case, whilst not the prettiest of jobs I can't see any structural issue.
Think about it - people have doorways cut out of walls.

If any of the blocks either side of the pipes are loose then look at fixing them to retain structural integrity for the rest of the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back