Loose breeze blocks in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one, hoping for some advice if possible.

I was up in the loft yesterday and noticed where an air duct exits through the wall, a couple of breeze blocks on one side of the air duct are loose to put where they move quite a bit with a little bit of movement either way. The whole for the air duct to get through isn't particular neat through the breeze blocks anyway so I get the impression this could have been the case since the house was built about 25 years ago.

To my knowledge, it's just a couple of breeze blocks that are affected and the external brickwork is absolutely fine. I was just hoping for some advice really? It is anything to worry about and can we just re-fix the blocks in place?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It’s not something to worry about, you could do a bit of filling with mortar or expanding foam if you want.

It’s not something to worry about, you could do a bit of filling with mortar or expanding foam if you want.

Nice one, thank you I appreciate the reply. Will get back up at the weekend and sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back