Getting through breeze block and brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i want to fit a shower fan and run the venting via the loft , i have just spent some considerable time trying to find a suitable outlet via soffet boards etc , i can get a run down to the corner of the roof where their is aprox a gap of the size of a small paperback book.(lying flat) Not sure if this is enough for venting . The perfect way would be to go Through the breeze block which i believe would then be brick then fresh air (semi detached). Could any one please advise what would be the best way around this . The full run of the ducting will be 8 feet from the fan. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If i decided to drill a 100mm hole to accomodate the ducting which would go through the breze block then brick or brick then breze would it be easier to hire the tools and cheaper , if so what would shoild i be looking to hire . And would you drill from the inside or the outside . Thanks

draw around a 4" pipe where you want the hole and go hire a core drill, this will give you a perfect hole through the wall.

Thanks for the reply, i presume you get the bit with the drill you hire. Would it be better to drill from inside or start from the outside. Thanks

Sponsored Links
you get everything you need, when you have started the hole and got the core bit in about 5mm you take the guide bit out of the middle, this will then make it a lot quicker, drill from the inside ,once through the block take it out and remove what is inside the bit and start the process again,you will find the brick a little harder.

make sure you get a core bit with plenty of diamond on it, don't let them fob you off with a badly worn one

Just done a quick search and the first price was £55 with a hire company starting with b and ending with don not sure if i am allowed to name .

phone them and ask how much, when they tell you the price tell them you have been quoted £40 somewhere else, they soon come down

phone them and ask how much, when they tell you the price tell them you have been quoted £40 somewhere else, they soon come down
Mater can you fit a bathroom suite for under £100 for me cause i can get it done for that by a guy round the corner :evil:

They may come down on £... but then when you return the core drill, they bump up the wear charge :LOL: If I could sell " my body " @ that much £ per millimeter. I`d be a Millionaire :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back