repairing cracked concrete floor ?

yeah cheers i will check with wickes... another point is will bitumen paint suffice to restore the damp proof or ive seen at screwfix you can get dpm sheets in different widths etc...am i better off laying some of this instead before i do the slc + do i need to get a spiked roller to use on the poured slc to get out airbubbles ? :confused: :)
wickes wont know m8 if you go in there and ask all they will do is read the bag of slc for you here is the data sheet http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/pdf/154050-Wickes-Deep-Base-TDS.pdf has the concrete subfloor got a dpm in?

Sponsored Links
yes steve the sub floor has an existing dpm..but the sections of floor taken up have lost the dpm so im just trying to ascertain the correct method of restoring this ? i will upload some pics asap showing close up of the existing dpm on the edges of the sections of floor taken up etc does this confirm i should relay some dpm strips etc from screwfix etc cheers again

i've never heard of anyone laying dpm and then going straight over it with slc i dont think thats going to be any good, seeing as the rest of your floor has the dpm in it i would put the dpm down and then fill it with screed, now i don't want to sound negative here but i have just read back your posts to familiarize myself and you say that you did intend to screed the floor but you say you found out it will take 28 days to dry so decided against it, well that was nearly a month ago now if you had screeded it back then you would now be able to tile it, you know that old saying? best things come to thse who wait?

steve i have hardly worked on the kitchen at all in the last month as i have dropped onto other jobs in the house after work..mainly the lounge to get it ready just incase i have to move in sooner rather than later..+ i have had to work 3 weekends at work in the last month so havent had time to carry this out...& am now thinking of just getting a floor layer/screeder in to just get it done correctly at that! lol... i have to work 12 hours this sat & sun so that should more than cover the cost of it...

Sponsored Links
just done the bonded screed today following mcmillins instructions/advice...went very well used a batten fixed to the floor levelled off, to use as a guide for the timber to levell off with... :)
wet the floor & brushed in
applied the grout cement slurry inc sbr
mixed the sharp sand & cement 3;1 with water/sbr 1;1
packed it in then levelled off with a straight bit of timber
used a float to smooth in followed by a trowel even smoother
will upload pics this week, just got to wait for it to cure now before i can use the slc over the majority of kitchen floor ... at approx 20mm depth how long should i wait before i can do the slc ? 1mm a day to dry so i hear...if so i have no choice but to leave it for 20 days or so... i can i get away with less days at a push..cheers again mcmilin/guys :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back