repairing internal render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - hope someone can help - I have a couple of questions. I'm renovating a bedroom with walls made of thermalite blocks covered with approx 10mm cement render and skin of plaster. in several areas theres been some loosening of the render which I've removed leaving a few holes down to the blockwork. I'm planning to get the whole lot reskimmed professionally, but my questions are:
1 - what should I use to repair/patch the render (any tips to avoid future cracking)
2 - I have some plastic trunking chased into the wall (box section stuff) to run AV cables. Do I just put the render over this or should I apply something (eg wire mesh) first? - its 40mm wide (25mm deep).
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You should be able to just go over the plastic trunking, a dampening down with some water and a coat of pva will help prevent the wall sucking the render dry and provide a more natural curing time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back