REPAIRS TO BRICK WALL .. DAMAGED BY TREE ROOTS

Shy,

I'm pleased to say the insurance company I currently work for does it the old way when it comes to handling claims!!!! It is more costly, but the type of customer we insure is prepared to pay a premium for a premium service.

After working as Claims manager I moved onto claims procurement so know exactly all about building repairer neworks! They have there place but overscoping is rife and they need extreme careful management which in itself is costly to do on any scale.

Sadly as Insurers cotton onto this the building firms are now moving onto (or should I say back to) local council work - as lucrative (actually more so) and the ability to overscope/overprice is even easier when £10k into someones pocket is accepted....

Sadly thats coming out of everyones pocket by way of council tax.

Sponsored Links
Although the schedule mentioned unpining, I learnt today from the Loss Adjustor that this item was not supposed to be in the schedule and simpy refers to a management fee.

So now new foundation is being built and no underpinning etc

Just straightforward knock down and re-build

Thanks for any new advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back