NEW BRICK WALL OR SCREEN FENCE, ADVICE REQ!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,
Here's my dilemma, I've a sectional garage built off a slab which was poured before my existing rear garden wall was removed. Now that the wall is down the garage forms my rear boundary. But I need to demolish my garage to make way for a lawn. So do I build off the existing boundary wall footings with a new 9" brick or block wall? I was thinking of using a 215mm trench block for cost (render at later date when funds allow), but would I have to provide lateral restraint to the wall, via piers?
The length of the wall in approx. 7m and to height of 1.8m. Equating to 12.6sq.m, if anyone could give me a guide price for cost including materials, as a comparison to a timber fence. That I can price for and install.
Any advice would be appreciated,

Ste B

Sponsored Links
A six foot fence (8' slotted post, 1' gravel board, 5' waney panel) will cost about £80.00+ per bay fitted, though prices vary. We charge £90.00 per bay.:cool:

A six foot (brick) wall will cost about seven times as much.

A six foot fence (8' slotted post, 1' gravel board, 5' waney panel) will cost about £80.00+ per bay fitted, though prices vary. We charge £90.00 per bay.:cool:

A six foot (brick) wall will cost about seven times as much.
Thats cheap noseall,i have to replace two 6ft Feather edged panels two gravel boards concrete post already there for a sum of £170 , :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back