Repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Please see picture of the inside of my bathroom and one of the outside.

I have just banged a couple of holes in the landing wall ready for an electrician to fit a couple of switches for a new bathroom fan.

My banging popped the tiles off the bathroom wall and some of the plaster came away :oops: . The bathroom tiles are old and I'm not too bothered.

What can I use to patch up the damage on the inside; one coat?

Also, I'm trying to place the metal casing in the wall for the switches (the hole is far bigger than is needed), what can I use to hold the casing in place? Can I sort of bury them in one coat?

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
One coat would do. Why are you fitting steel capping, it can do more harm than good IMO, anyway, galv clout nails either side at whatever intervals are required will do, dont nail through the capping, just right on the edge of it, let the nail head hold it in place

Thanks 1john,

On the inside of the bathroom; Should I scrape the one coat away a little and finish with easifill so I can get a smooth finish?

Outside; The electrician asked me to place the metal casing that the switch will fit into.

So I should hold the casing with clout nails, use one coat to fill in around it and then easifill?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You are talking about a back box, in which case you need to plug and screw it, there are at least three fixing points in the back of the box. You can float up one coat but if you are inexperienced then rule it off and apply a coat or two of easyfill and sand between coats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back