Replace Baxi Back Boiler with Combi and Fit Log Burner.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is quite a complicated question but any tips are advice anyone can offer would be gratefully received.

We have just bought a house with a Baxi back boiler that has been in situ for a number of years. I want to replace the back boiler with a new combi boiler (the house is a 3 bed semi with 1 bathroom). As this will involve tearing out the gas fire and back boiler, I thought it would make good sense to have the chimney recess prepared for a log burner at the same time. The room is not that big (3.39 metres by about 6metres) but the log burner would need to be DEFRA approved as we live in a smoke control area.

I know this is a bit like "How long is a piece of string", but can anyone give me some sense of the costs involved in a large job like this? (in the Merseyside area)

Many thanks,
Jane

Sponsored Links
You seem to have a good idea of what you want so unless you have any questions about the work involved, this forum is of little use to you. This is not a pricing facility. Any mug who gives you a price, on the forum, can't even see the job.

There's a general policy here of not suggesting prices as we can't see the job, get some local Gas Safe and HETAS registered installers round to quote for you.

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt be in a hurry to get rid of your baxi back boiler it will outlast any combi you replace it with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back