Replace EV or just get a new boiler?

A little tip, if you have silicon grease, put a little dab on the schraeder vavle before pumping up the vessel, when you pump the vessel the silicon lubes the rubber seal on the schraeder and stops it from leaking

Gonna do this later today, would WD40 (or similar) do the same thing or would that damage the rubber seal? Don't think I have silicone grease (I don't have silicone grease!)

Sponsored Links
Gonna do this later today, would WD40 (or similar) do the same thing or would that damage the rubber seal? Don't think I have silicone grease (I don't have silicone grease!)
no silicon will have the opposite effect, it will rot the seal

Thought that could be the case Ian.

SO without the application of silicone grease the schraeder valve is blowing pretty bubbles with some soapy water on it after I've pressurised the EV. CULPRIT! Are these changable, or is it a case of a new EV?

OK I see on youtube that you can replace the valve so I think that's my next step to put a new valve in, eBay here we come. If that doesn't work I see you can also get a little extension arm with a new valve on one end, so you just screw it on to the existing valve and hey presto no dicking about trying to remove the old valve. I'm still gonna try to remove the old valve and replace it because who doesn't love a bit of dicking about!

Sponsored Links
OK I see on youtube that you can replace the valve so I think that's my next step to put a new valve in, eBay here we come. If that doesn't work I see you can also get a little extension arm with a new valve on one end, so you just screw it on to the existing valve and hey presto no dicking about trying to remove the old valve. I'm still gonna try to remove the old valve and replace it because who doesn't love a bit of dicking about!
Never knew screwfix did them , I get mine from Halfords, yes the bent extension works and makes pumping up every year a lot easier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back