Replace Honeywell R3H710 with Hive Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to replace my old Honeywell receiver with a Hive mini but the wiring on my old receiver doesn’t seem to match up to the manual for Hive/it has confused me re the red wire running from L to A? Anyone seen something like this before/know what I need to do? Thanks in advance!
9F1B8BDF-D7ED-49EC-9ADA-459A18379ADE.jpeg

Attachments

• F5C2FF37-A527-45DE-80D9-AE1DE93779BC.jpeg
    F5C2FF37-A527-45DE-80D9-AE1DE93779BC.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Would it be a
Hi, I am looking to replace my old Honeywell receiver with a Hive mini but the wiring on my old receiver doesn’t seem to match up to the manual for Hive/it has confused me re the red wire running from L to A? Anyone seen something like this before/know what I need to do? Thanks in advance!View attachment 286939
would it be a case of
Honeywell N to Hive N
Honeywell L to Hive L
Honeywell A to Hive 1 and Hive L
Honeywell B to Hive 2 (or the Earth tether?)

Attachments

• DD0BEC8E-8408-4328-8E8C-A828FCA58CDA.jpeg
    DD0BEC8E-8408-4328-8E8C-A828FCA58CDA.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 64
Would it be a

would it be a case of
Honeywell N to Hive N
Honeywell L to Hive L
Honeywell A to Hive 1 and Hive L
Honeywell B to Hive 2 (or the Earth tether?)
All correct apart from the last bit. The earth tether, Someone has incorrectly used a wire that is generally used as a cpc/earth wire as a live wire, and place it in terminal 3 heating on, not 2 heating off.

All correct apart from the last bit. The earth tether, Someone has incorrectly used a wire that is generally used as a cpc/earth wire as a live wire, and place it in terminal 3 heating on, not 2 heating off.
Thank you so much for this! I was just thrown by the earth wiring as it seems to be yellow or grey even on all the other posts I’ve found, so wasn’t sure what it was!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
This is why some of us will say “never trust heating wire colours - they mean nothing” as you’ve found out in your example. I forgot to mention, put some brown sleeve on it or brown insulation tape to warn others it’s being used as a live wire.

This is why some of us will say “never trust heating wire colours - they mean nothing” as you’ve found out in your example. I forgot to mention, put some brown sleeve on it or brown insulation tape to warn others it’s being used as a live wire.
I will do! Thank you so much again, I’ve done it, although there were moments I’m not sure how I did as the previous box was much bigger so didn’t slot in as I hoped and had to do some rejigging!

A few photos in case anyone else faces the same issue in the future :)
21E98E5B-6DD8-4458-A0CB-59F0E61AB203.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C91EC9C-C4CE-42BE-8855-45A93857F700.jpeg
    8C91EC9C-C4CE-42BE-8855-45A93857F700.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I will do! Thank you so much again, I’ve done it, although there were moments I’m not sure how I did as the previous box was much bigger so didn’t slot in as I hoped and had to do some rejigging!

A few photos in case anyone else faces the same issue in the future :)
View attachment 286970
Excellent, and well done you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back