Replace Honeywell TRV Heads for Drayton TR4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have standard (wax) Honeywell TRVs on my radiators. The heads screw on to about a 30mm valve body.

I've given up with the slow response times of these TRVs and was thinking about trying a Drayton TRV4 on one of the radiators, given the liquid sensor and 'A' rating.

However, I'm guessing the only way to do this will be to replace the complete valve body as the Drayton head is a different fitting to the Honeywell body? In which case, its a bigger job than I was hoping and one I probably won't try just to test the Drayton on one rad (particularly with fairly new carpets).

I'd be very grateful if anyone can confirm the Drayton heads won't fit the Honeywell valve bodies and whether there are any alternative suggestions.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Damian

Sponsored Links
no they wont fit. Some of the programmable heads have universal fitting but are expensive and a bit ugly.

I dont know of any valve heads that are interchangeable with other brands.

Usually the valve bodies are roughly the same size though so swapping the whole thing shoulnt require pipework alterations

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replay - would this also be the case for the Pegler Terrier TRVs?

Im not sure what you mean, but the pegler i-temp would fit your valve bodies if thats what you mean. As would honeywell HR20

Thanks for the quick replay - would this also be the case for the Pegler Terrier TRVs?

don't use these they are crap (if you are talking about the normal ones), just for your info iflo (available from city plumbing) are drayton trv4 (slightly different where the numbers are) but still the same & much cheaper

Very old thread, but also looking to replace an old Honeywell TRV.
Are they discontinued? Nothing at Screwfix (maybe they fell out with Screwfix).

Anyway, looking at compatibility of heads between the different TRV brands and found this web page:
http://www.saveonheatingbills.co.uk/whereDoIStart/compatibility.html

Would that prove that if I have a Honeywell body I can easily add a head from Peglar or Drayton RT212 / RT414 / TRV4 as a straight swap?

Will report back!

On reflection, wondering if the change of brand would have a negative effect on balancing the system?

Hi. Sorry to resuret an old post but just wondering how you got on putting a drayton head into a Honeywell body valve!?

Drayton have different thread sizes for each of their own valves let alone fitting other makes.
Why not get another Honeywell head?

Doubting between Honeywell vt200 and the Drayton tr4. Any preference between those two? Tr4 seem to be a lot more popular in eBay.......

Now you've started a war ;)
I prefer Drayton, whilst my business partner prefers Honeywell...

And in a slightly different topic would anyone know if the honeywell vt15eg valve could be fitted with the honeywell vt117 or vt200? Are the 3 of them interchangeable by any chance or only the last two?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back