Replace honeywell wall stat with hive wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have a hive single channel receiver that I wish to replace my Honeywell wall stat, please see attached pictures.

I have read that I require 5 wires to the hive receiver but was hoping to replace my existing stat with the hive as a straight swop but it only has 4 wires to it.

My boiler is a 2007 Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i junior combi.

Hope someone can help. Thanks 20170312_214904.jpg 20170312_214854.jpg

Sponsored Links
No need for 5 wires as those 3 should be enough. If you can test to confirm this before taking my advice below, but based on your existing thermostat wiring and the colour sleeves that have been applied:

1 = live(L)
2 = Neutral (N)
Bridge L & Common on the hive
3 = Switched live/call for heat, please this in "Heating On (NO)" on the hive.

When wiring make sure you switch the electrics off to the boiler/heating system. Not sure if the hive requires an earth or if they just provide that earth terminal as a place to park the cable. (as you have it on the metal back box anyway best leaving that as is).

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Having just purchased a Hive I am looking at the install for mine. Now it seems my current thermostat --> http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/CM67/ is only fed with twin & earth.

Can anyone recommend a new way of connecting up the receiver to this? I have a combi boiler, I was thinking of using the existing cable to pull a new length of 5 core or 3 core & earth.

Thanks

Simon

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back