Replace old timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. looking for some help.. my parents have a simple heating system.. oil boiler, pump and mechanical time clock, in an outside boiler house,.. no thermostats, TRV’s etc.. I want to add a digital programmer, in the house, going outside is an issue for them now. I was recommended by my plumbing merchants a Danfoss set1e. Looking at it, i assume the old time clock has L/N in and L/N out to the boiler, timer acts as a switch, so turns live on and off as needed, to power boiler. Can I simply wire my new timer into the power supply cable .. so it now becomes the L/N in and L/N out controller to the boiler.. and if so, can anyone give me the correct terminals for wiring for the ‘load’ supply, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The set 1e only has 3Amp switching capability so might not be suitable for your oil boiler, what make and model is your oil boiler

Boiler is a warm flow 57.. see image.. I opened the fused Spurs marked boiler and pump and see it’s a bit more complicated than I first thought .. can a wire from these be run back to the house.. or is it a major task.. couple of pics attached.. thanks

Sponsored Links
As I suspected your boiler needs 5Amp fuse and the programmer that you chose has a maximum switching of 3 Amps so not suitable, I am a gas engineer and not oil but a few really good oil guys on here who will guide you in the right direction @oilboffin amongst others @Burnerman I have tagged them for you and they are the blokes to listen to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back