Replacing a water/heating timer with DraytonLP722

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to replace a old water and heating timer with a Drayton LP722 the old timer has a wiring configuration of L&N (in) N (out) L1 (out) L2 (out) The Drayton configuration is N L 1 2 3 4 so I am wondering how I should wire it up?

Sponsored Links
Use the cross reference chart in the LP722 packet. What timer are you replacing?

Sponsored Links
You will need to determine what the existing wires represent. Is L1 Out, hot water and L2 Out heating? I don't know as you don't give the make or model of the existing timer. There should be a wiring diagram inside or on it somewhere that will tell you what they do.

Then it's a matter of moving the wires from the old timer to the Drayton LP722 terminals using the diagram below. You shouldn't need to use terminals 1 or 2

LP722.JPG

N&L are self explanatory then terminal (3) is hot water on and terminal (4) is heating on.

If you have an elderly system that has gravity circulation of hot water and pumped central heating, instead of control by motorised valves the the Drayton LP722 should be moved from the 'fully pumped' setting, to the 'gravity' setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back