Replace PIR on Gardtec 350

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hoping you can help me with this little task...

I have a broken PIR detector on my Gardtec 350 alarm. The screen that goes over the actual sensor is missing. I have a Honeywell sensor to replace the existing one.

I can identify the alarm + and - wires and the power + and - wires on the old detector, but the two tamper wires are not identified on the old detector. Does it matter which way the tamper wires are connected?

Will I be able to just disconnect the wires and reconnect on the new detector with the system up and running? Or should I remove all power (mains and control panel battery) and do it whilst the alarm is going off from it's own backup battery?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Sponsored Links
Best to do it powered down, just remove the aux 12v fuse or disconnect power wires in panel to prevent outside siren ringing. + - like for like, the tamper pair can go any way round as can the alarm pair. You must just make sure you identify which is the alarm/tamper terminals on the old and new sensors and follow suit (sometimes these are identified by a sticker in the lid of the sensor)

Walk test after to make sure it works.

Follow up question...

When the cover is taken off the PIR or the control panel opened should the alarm do something? It currently does nothing...

Thanks

Doug

Sponsored Links
Lol.... yes it should do something! Like go into tamper, internal sounders & keypads sound, message on keypad to inducate tampering. I would check that the panel lid tamper switch is operating correctly, the detector tamper circuit may be incorrectly wired which is more common.

Changed the PIR ok, and it flashes red when something moves under it.

The alarm won't test though, as soon as you start the test it goes a bit crazy and goes off.

Think I'll give up on it!

Thanks for your help!

Ok, if walk test is not going as expected, try setting the system then triggering the new sensor. If the alarm triggers then job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back