gardtec 595 - re activate wireless sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Gardtec 595 alarm system with a wireless module attached. There is a pir sensor in an outbuilding that is wired into a wireless transmitter.

I can't find any documentation on how to set up or program the wireless section.

The house was vacant with power off for best part of a year. On recommissioning the alarm, the wireless sensor indicated it had a battery fault on the keypad, replacing the battery indicated a tamper check, so I assumed it was working.

On arming alarm and walking around the pir sensor, it lights up green, then red indicating movment, but the alarm won't sound. I've changed the zone type and knock timings but to no avail.

Is there a way to default the sensor and re pair it to the panel? Any where I can get wireless module manual?

Thanks Neil

Sponsored Links
There could be someone on here, who has 25 years experience and has installed 1000 systems who knows of a magical way to default the control panel engineer code, but I've been around for over forty years, spoken to a multitude of engineers regarding this gardtec 'engineer code' fiasco, and not one engineer has arrived at a simple method of 'defaulting' if the code starts with a 9. Watch your post since some genius may be able to perform a miracle.
Totally pointless end to post, only written to antagonise.

Thanks for the info guys, I can open all sensors, the panel and wireless module without ill effect other it triggers a tamper alert. I have engineer code and reset the panel to default and set up new master code.

From what I can see, the wireless receiver module (gardtec wireless receiver) sits about 12" above the panel, this is wired into a small PCB that plugs to a socket on back of the main alarm panel PCB. ,

The transmitter at the pir side has 4 wires tamper/alarm? Both the transmitter and receiver have a selection of dip switches.

All equipment PCBs have Risco branding.

Will see if I can get part numbers, but expect its from 2005ish

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This is the wireless transmitter that is wired into the PIR sensor
http://www.riscogroup.co.uk/Products.aspx?proid=214

And this is the 8ch wireless reciever wired into the 595 panel
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...ucts_id=1149&zenid=c3ngebp9m3kupm9bufb667q1k6

The Zone with the wireless sensor is currently swtiched off due it developing a TAMPER fault.

Ive tried new cable from the PIR to transmitter and tried leaving the tamper connection both open and closed. Checked all the tamper switches are depressed.
The only way the alarm will set with the zone switched on is
Set the alam with a tamper wire disconnected
Whilst alarm is in countdown and showing tamper fault, attach the tamper wire
The alarm then sets as it should without the tamper fault.

Not sure whats going on :confused:

Sorry all faults that i can see are from the PIR/Transmitter side. The tampers for the wired zones (1-4) appear to be set up as a global tamper and alarm will set as normal with the wireless zone switched off.

However the tamper alert that is showing (Garage T!) ((set as zone 091- wireless)) must be getting transmitted to the panel wirelessly

Im stuck at confirming tansmitter/reciever are working correctly as the original problem was that movment around the PIR wired to the transmitter would not trigger an alarm.
However it was able to communicate that the transmitter battery was low.

Couldnt find any info on how learn the transmitter to reciever and test procedure.

Thanks for your help :)

has the wireless device ever worked ? as gardtec had 2 different versions of there radio equipment one was gardtec protocol and one was risco protocol they both looked the same but had different part numbers and you cant mix them.

Cheers guys,

Unfortunately i dont know if it ever worked properly as it fitted 2 owners ago. Although everything was installed by the same installer so im guessing it should have all been compatible.

Given that the transmitter was able to communicate a (valid) low battery and tamper alert im assuming that it must be compatible and is working.

The PIR im unsure of type, however it does have 3 lights, green, amber, red.
When you open the door it flashes green, then as you move closer to it amber and red come on. Along with the amber and red, the Wireless transmitter also goes red.

Will try removing the transmitter and closing the terminals to see what effect it has.

I have links for the 595 install and program manuals and the transmitter quick start guide but i cant find anything for the reciever module :(

All sorted, :D

Tamper alert, was down to a weak spring on one of the tamper switches.

After much searching I got the receiver installation manual, Managed to reset the receiver and re learn the transmitter to it.

Think because the battery in the transmitter was dead for so long it lost the programming so resetting sorted it.

Thanks for the help :),

Now for the cameras..... Lol

Hi Thommo,

Can you provide the link to the manuals for the wireless receiver? I am having issues registering my devices in my control panel.

Thanks,
Karan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back