Gardtec alarm keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help, I’ve moved into a property and it has a Gardtec alarm. I’ve never used this but It’s went off randomly three times over two month I have the engineers code to silence it, but can’t read anything on the keypad, everything is distorted on it.

I’ll attach a picture, I’m wondering if this is an easy fix or will I need it replacing?

I’m wondering if the alarm that had been going off was one of the battery’s in the sensors failing (two wireless motion sensors and two window sensors) i have ordered new battery’s for these, originally had removed all battery’s but it triggered an alarm later in the day displaying what I can work out ‘tamper’ in the keypad picture. Placed all batteries back into sensors to find only one is completely dead.

I’m not sure on the model or fully how this system works, really just want it turned off as it will not be used or some kind of working order to know it will not trigger in the middle of the night.

Attachments

• IMG_6855.jpeg
    IMG_6855.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
Keypad shows Keypad tamper.
That is control panel is either a 591,593 or 595 series. Could be 600 ,800 series but don't think so.
These are now obsolete.
The keypad spring may need adjustment.
Keypad tampers are a common fault on that panel.

The alarm went off at 1:50am, now displaying something else

Attachments

• IMG_6864.jpeg
    IMG_6864.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 54
Hard to read zone something lost ?
Could be battery issue.
You could try and read event log for more information but display is really poor.
There is an adjustment for the screen on the keypad but don't think it will make any difference to the display .

Sponsored Links
Time to replace it OR there was someone on eBay doing LCD Screen replacements …..

Cheers guys, I know it’s a nightmare to read I’ll get the batteries replaced today see what happens if no joy will see someone to look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back