Replace Worcester Bosch 400 inbuilt programmer with wireless

shr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 10yr+ Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 with the original built in programmer, and an old wall mounted Honeywell thermostat upstairs. I'm looking to replace both the inbuilt programmer and the old Honeywell with a wireless thermostat and controller upstairs, talking to the boiler. Is there an obvious way to do this please? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The obvious way to do it is wire the receiver in next to the boiler.

You don't need to remove the optional plug in timer on the boiler, just set the CH to 'const'.

thanks for your reply Simon. The timer on the WB400 is not optional - it's wired in. Also, if I switch the HW and CH to "on", I can't just fire the boiler up and down via the mains can I? Surely any new receiver has to replace the inbuilt programmer on the boiler for both HW and CW cycles. Thanks.

The Highflow 400 timer was an optional accessory.

There is a room stat connection (2&3 I believe) which is already connected to your boiler.

You merely use these connections wired to the voltfree switch in your new radio thermostat, in a Honeywell CM927 this would be A & B.

The room stat only controls the CH - as it does now.

[/b]

Sponsored Links
I understand what you say now. I didn't ask my original question clearly enough. Ideally, I wanted to bypass the inbuilt programmer for both CH and HW so I could program both via a new wireless interface, and control functions like a 1 hr boost for the HW from another part of the house.

I'm not aware of a two channel timer/stat with radio.

I thought Danfoss made one but cant find it.

thanks again. I had looked but also not found one. Gap in the market? I can't be alone in wanting to update old inbuilt programmers to make systems more controllable...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back