Replaced TRV - No Temperature Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently replaced numerous TRV valves with like for like (Myson II), didn't replace the pipe(s) just the sensor head. The originals worked fine and I could adjust the temperature up & down the settings.

However, the new valves I can only either turnthe radiator on to highest temperature or "OFF." If I set the valve to setting "III" the temperature does not adjust.

I have checked the pin and the fact that I can turnthe radiator OFF must indicate the pin is moving / operating.

Any suggestions what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If they were working before then one wonders why you changed them.

Changing a TRV implies changing the body and the head.

Its possible the design has changed and the new head is not compatible with the body?

You could call the makers and ask them!

Tony

Tony

The originals worked fine until my kids decided to stand on them, hence they broke at the point where they connect.

I had to change 5no. out of total 12no. so I was able to move TRV valves around the system to control room temperature during the interim. When I got the new valves I assumed it was a straighforward installation and they would operate as per original.

Hope that clarifies

Sponsored Links
TRVs do not alter the radiator touch temperature.

They merely turn the water flow off according to the ambient surrounding temperature.

In other words, they are designed to regulate room temperature, they have no means of altering how hot the radiator gets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back