TRV - Pin adjustment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I recently needed to replace the TRV head, the plastic collar that the metal ring "grips" had disintegrated.
The pin in the valve was stuck UP, but a little clean, a little tappy tappy hammer, some GT85 and working the pin up and down with pliers and all seems good again.
However, it seems that the pin movement can be adjusted on this valve body.
IMG20231119151016.jpg

The inner black circle (around the pin) can be screwed in and out by means of the two slots. Screwing it down tight seems to stop the pin from moving at all (perhaps a way to close the valve without relying on the head?) and unscrewing completely removed it entirely and you can see the pin going down to the actual valve plunger

So, any ideas where / how I am supposed to set it correctly?
At the moment I set the TRV head to 6 (fully open) and then (after loosening the pin) kept adjusting the black section until I could fit the TRV head without feeling it compressing the pin... No idea if this is correct though?

No idea what the old TRV ACTUALLY was, but it was branded "British Gas".

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’m sure these two parts will fit, it’s been a few months since I left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back