TRV Manufacturer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this trv please? this one has a stubby valve pin but all my other radiators have valves with a thin spindle pin.
I think the previous property owner changed the head with a Screwfix branded head but did not change the actual valve.
42GB and 5011 is stamped on the actual valve.
Thank you

Attachments

• Valve_head.jpg
    Valve_head.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Valve_web.jpg
    Valve_web.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Perhaps my original post is a bit confusing, yes the head is from Screwfix but the actual valve isn’t. The previous owner put a Screwfix trv head onto the existing valve and it’s the existing valve I’m trying to identify so I can purchase the correct head

Perhaps my original post is a bit confusing, yes the head is from Screwfix but the actual valve isn’t. The previous owner put a Screwfix trv head onto the existing valve and it’s the existing valve I’m trying to identify so I can purchase the correct head
you would better posting a pic of one of the other vaves if they are all the same

All my valves and heads are as per the Screwfix link you provided but just one radiator has the different valve body but with a Screwfix head which is why it’s not working properly. It looks like it’s a Pegler

Well purchased a peglar TRV today and although the pin is the same as my existing one but the top of my existing valve has a square shoulder and the new valve has a hexagonal shoulder as per my photos so I still can’t fit the new head onto the old valve.
Oh well looks like I will have to drain the rad and fit the new chrome valve

Attachments

• A3DBA68A-441D-40A1-9D45-3A81C3EAEA26.jpeg
    A3DBA68A-441D-40A1-9D45-3A81C3EAEA26.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 74
  • BFD6EC98-91C8-4857-904A-D574365F491F.jpeg
    BFD6EC98-91C8-4857-904A-D574365F491F.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 79
Oh well, worth a shot. Any plumber who knows what they are doing should be able to change the valve well within their minimum charge period without draining the system or the rad. May be worth paying someone.

I’m very capable but unfortunately my poor back no longer allows me to carry out this type of work so yes I will get it done. Cheers.

Have you tried fitting the pegler, just because those are differnt shapes doesnt really mean anything

Yes I have Ian but no go unless I cut / shave some of the plastic away on the new valve head which will probably work to be honest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back