Fauly Thermostatic Radiator Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator with a faulty TRV - it's either fully on or fully off. The name on the valve head is "Europa" with the only other information being "42" and "EN215".

I suspect that the valve head is faulty rather than the valve pin being stuck within the valve itself (since it can be either on or off).

My questions are:

1. Can I simply replace the valve head?

2. Does anyone know who makes the Europa TRVs?

3. Are TRV heads interchangeable between different manufacturers?

4. Any other advice?

thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Ok, maybe I wasn't too clear.

When I say it is either "on or off" what I mean is that if it is set to [say] "1" on the TRV then the radiator never "shuts down" and regulates the flow like all our other radiators. The only way to shut it down is to turn the TRV to the "0" position.

The net result is that the room overheats unless I turn the TRV to "0" when, of course, eventually it's too cold.

Hence the reason I think there is a fault.

Sponsored Links
yes you can just change the head and europa is probably just a more familiar model renamed. just take it to a plumb center and they will know what will fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back