Radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

I changed a radiator in one of the bedrooms and in turn the lockshield decided to leak and no amount of packing would sort it so changed the valve. Open said valve up and now its chilly I've put the heating on.

I've got 2 problems the new radiator with new valve is either on boiling hot regardless or whether the trv is on 2-5 but as soon as it goes below that it goes off. The only other radiator we have a problem with is the office one. Its stone cold and even the flow pipe to it is stone cold. I think to try and solve the 2nd problem I shut all the valves off, a couple don't have newer TRVs and a couple don't have a head at all, which way would I turn them to turn them off? Hopefully this will push the heat though.

Any ideas for the 1st one? I thought faulty TRV but surely it'd either be on or off?

Sponsored Links
your first problem trv, is probably OK just set it above 2 and as the room heats up it should turn off then as the room cools it will open up again just give it time, and ajust it one step at a time until it maintains the room at a comfortable temperature

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back