Replaced WinkHaus door lock strip, stiff already

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is about 6 weeks after fitting. Its a two roller, three hook Scorpion XL3, and feels obstructive as the deadlocking starts, i.e. the hooks start coming out the frame. It feels the same when unhooking, and behaves identically when the door's open.

I think its got progressively worse since fitting.

The supplier suggests silicone spray, and I'm sure I was old years ago that graphite was a better lubricant.

How shall I deal with it?

Many Thanks - braniff

Sponsored Links
Have you removed it from the door and tested it?

Sounds like it's binding somewhere, could be twisted or too tight or it could be a faulty lock itself

Impossible to tell from here , you will have to fault find by process of elimination

Start by removing it from the door and testing it's operation on the bench

This is about 6 weeks after fitting. Its a two roller, three hook Scorpion XL3, and feels obstructive as the deadlocking starts, i.e. the hooks start coming out the frame. It feels the same when unhooking, and behaves identically when the door's open.

I think its got progressively worse since fitting.

The supplier suggests silicone spray, and I'm sure I was old years ago that graphite was a better lubricant.

How shall I deal with it?

Many Thanks - braniff

Is it stiff to operate when the door is open?

Ie can you raise handle to throw lock and turn key, with ease

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back