Replacement boiler for a combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters landlord has arranged for a replacement boiler to be fitted for the current Combi one.
I've just left her house and the replacement boiler is a Main 24HE. Having looked on the web it appears this is just a combi but I was under the impression all new boilers had to be condensing type. Can you replace a combi with a combi?

Sponsored Links
It's a condensing combi. One of the recommended, less expensive boilers. Not a bad choice.

Thanks for the fast responses lads.
When I couldn't see 'Condensing' on the box I got a bit worried. :LOL:
Just for curiosity though, do all new boilers HAVE to be condensing?

Sponsored Links
all new boilers should be band a sedbuck rated unless there is a legitimate reason as to why it could not be fitted.
It is still permissable to fit band c boilers if there is a genuine reason for it.

though the silly as it may seem point is that you can no longer fit band b boilers.

why the concern. least shes getting a boiler replacement and she doesn't have to fork any money out. most of my customers usually pay £1500-£2000 for a boiler replacement. out of there own pockets. i rent myself and dont't moan when i get things done.

The letters "HE" in the boiler model means High Efficiency which practically means its condensing.

However, because they cannot be installed any more the only boilers usually available are old stock or the very few makers sho still market a non condensing boiler in the UK.

A condensing boiler can now be fitted anywhere in a building by using a condensate pump which will pump up about 4 m and horizontally almost unlimited as long as there is a slope to the pipe.

Tony

why the concern. least shes getting a boiler replacement and she doesn't have to fork any money out. most of my customers usually pay £1500-£2000 for a boiler replacement. out of there own pockets. i rent myself and dont't moan when i get things done.

Who's moaning? I was merely asking a question of something I was unsure of and have had very good replies without any hostility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back