Replacement boiler, hybrid or woodburner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I think time has finally come to admit defeat with the heatslave… (the highs and lows of my posts may make for a funny read one day).

Multiple people have looked at it and can’t get a stable burn out of it.

So I’m looking at replacements like-for-like but also considering a hybrids like the grant vortex air. Now when I’ve discussed this with the people looking at the heatslave and they’ve been very anti air source and anti hybrid. So it would be good to get opinions on this.

when looking at heatslave ii s I read that these can be used with other heating sources like a woodburner with a back boiler - I assume this is due to the expansion tank?

Is this assumption correct?

This would be quite a neat solution for us with the fire being used only when really cold and in turn reducing the oil usage during the winter months.

Assuming again but i imaging the woodburner just plumbs into the CH loop and circulates with the boiler regulating the temperature.

As it stands I could really do without any of the above costs and I’m very much a fan of repair and reuse but im way out of my depth and the professionals are fairly conclusive that the current boiler is on its last legs.

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back