Replacement boiler quote--Good price or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,
I have been quoted £1650 for a Worcester Bosch 30si supply and install as a replacement for my SIME super 90

The install also includes flushing the system, replace an existing 22mm to 15mm pipe to 22mm total run for the gas (this is only 5ft piece) and a wireless stat...these are are all standard requirements so i have been told

Just want some opinions from the pro's on whether this is the type of money i should expect to pay?

My taps run at 18.5 litres per minute (had a new pipe 5 years ago to replace the lead one), the house has 13 double rads and 2 bathrooms. We only use 1 shower at any one time as baths are out of the question as the current boiler cant supply the demand and heat is timed from 5pm-10pm and then 6am-8am in the cold months (Oct-May usually :confused: ).
Is the new WB 30si boiler more than adequate in your professional opinion?

The warranty is standard manufacturers
The plumber is corgi registered
This is a cheque payment and not cash

Thanks and regards
Simon

Sponsored Links
Just paid 2800 inc vat for same, with very minor pipework too, that's a bargain.

Sponsored Links
Excellent price .
Some on here will say far too cheap but its upto the guy what he thinks is fair price.
This would cost you around 4200 from BG

Christ give us is number i will get him do a few jobs for me.

I could make a nice little earner out of this.

If he is prepared to supply references etc or has been recommended to you and you are happy with him, then snap his arm off.

I would say it is at least £600 under price. He must be working for the love of it, or has access to boilers off the back of a lorry :eek: :LOL:

So 2 day job ,Perhaps the guy is happy to work for around £250/£300 quid a day and not the £600/£650 your price comes out at or if he works a long day pehaps he would get it done and make the same.
Cheap doesnt always mean nasty and dear doesn`t always mean quality

Thanks for all your comments, really appreciate your feedback

This guys was through recomendation from a friend who also had him recommended to her

I will place the order :D

Thanks and regards
Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back