Replacement cable type for power tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well flex actually not cable

Typical .... just bought new circular saw, and after a cut, put it down and it neatly fed flex into the blade ... last saw lasted 20+ years ...arrrrgh!

This looks like standard 1mm2 - 2 core PVC insulated/pvc sheathed flex.

A new manufacturerss' flex is over £25 ....

Luckily it is screw fitted in the saw body ... I have new crimps - so that part OK ......... is this flex anything special ? printed on outer sheath is

IEMMEQU NF-USE-1176 <VDE> H05VV-F 2X1.0mm2 N/18421 TA HSING IEC 60227 LF

Looks like a normal PVC flex to me, or does this coding specify something special on thicker sheath or low temp performance.

Sponsored Links
Prefer to have plug and socket away from saw ....just makes it easier - less chance of catching on something - I'll admit I did think of fitting a 2 pin in line plug & socket.

After lot of googling around - pretty convinced this is standard 3182-y flex

Sponsored Links
Good point - I'll see if I can get some of that instead. Don't have a CEF account, so willsearch around

As well as looking for that harmonised code, try tough rubber flex, and TRS (tough rubber sheathed).

Issue I have - rubber not an option ... tool has a cable guide & gland that suits 7mm cable ....and teh rubber is 8.4 .... just checked would not fit.

Good point - I'll see if I can get some of that instead. Don't have a CEF account, so willsearch around
You dont need an account to buy in person from a cef store, I've done it several times.

I quite like the power cord that Makita tools have, I think is a thick rubber one. Doesn't seem to have much memory, just flops out wherever you put it. If you can get it though, I'd recommend a bright colour eg orange or red

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back